Thursday, December 13, 2007

Africa’s Anguish

Why must you continue to take from me?
Why must you continue to steal and deceive me?
Haven’t I given enough to you?
Digging my skin to find meat to feed
And will not stop till I bleed
Cutting my hair to make paper
Then you tease me for being bald like a traitor
Making me mourn for my children
Their bodies you used, their souls you broke, murdering
Haven’t I given enough to you?

Why must you continue to mock me?
Why must you continue to provoke me?
Can’t you see that I am recovering?
How do I feed the children who are left wondering?
With nothing in me to provide on the table
There are no minerals, vitamins, and resources left in my nipples
You have sucked it all out
My grandchildren are dry at their mouths
I pray for strength to cry
Since I can’t afford, my tears are dry

Why must you continue to pity me?
Could you have survived?
At least with a dying voice I can say that I have arrived
You could not break me
For you did not make thee
It’s hard for you to say sorry and actually mean it


Yet I forgive you for what I saw unfit.

1 comment:

Afrikan Herbsman said...

pieces of one structure crying in unison.
questions almost seem rhetorical
Nice Drop Queen.